Banachek - Psychological Subtleties (copyrighted book, review only)
To get new PUA materials to you mailbox every week please subscribe to our mailing list, using form below
Psychological Subtleties remains one of the best selling books in the magic and mentalism community and is considered a basic reference source for any complete library on our art. Psychological Subtleties offers ideas, tips and observations of natural human responses that can be inserted into performing situations to make the overall result of an effect much stronger, entertaining and memorable.The name says it all - a book full of "psychological convincers" and forces to be integrated in your routines. Each chapter is dedic... More >>>
Banachek - "Psychological Subtleties" is copyrighted and can't be downloaded or ordered on DVD, you can try to find it at amazon.com
Publisher: PUA Media Library
Psychological Subtleties remains one of the best selling books in the magic and mentalism community and is considered a basic reference source for any complete library on our art. Psychological Subtleties offers ideas, tips and observations of natural human responses that can be inserted into performing situations to make the overall result of an effect much stronger, entertaining and memorable.
The name says it all - a book full of "psychological convincers" and forces to be integrated in your routines. Each chapter is dedicated to a specific issue, i.e. cards, coins, postcards, dreams, handwriting, metal bending, drawings, hands etc.
Several performers incorporated that knowledge into their acts and built whole routines around those clever ideas. Psychological Subtleties 2 picks up where the first book ends. Whereas Psychological Subtleties was not a book of tricks and routines, this book contains complete routines from professionals who understood the value and impact of those ideas in the first book.
Here you will find routines from: Peter Arcane, Greg Arce, Lance Campbell, Dr. Bill Cushman, Christian David, David De Leon, Paul W. Draper, Gerard, Jonathon Grant, Patrick Kuffs, Andy Leviss, Rick Maue, Mike Merchant, Ravi Johannes Pazhur, Ian Rowland, Leonardo Silverio, and Michael Sibbernsen as well as routines and more subtleties from the mind of Banachek.
Banachek's highly anticipated follow up to his first higly regarded Psychological Subtleties! Overall rating: Excellent
Described as the "Cream of the Crop" when it comes to entertainers, Banachek (born 1960 as Steven Shaw) is the world's leading Mentalist. His talents are so incredible that he is the only mentalist ever to fool scientists into believing he possessed 'Psychic powers' but to later reveal he was fooling them. Performers around the world such as the colourful Penn & Teller, "The Amazing" James Randi and television's unique street magician David Blaine seek his performing expertise. Companies and theatres seek him for his outstanding performing abilities.
Banachek has written books on mentalism, such as Psychological Subtleties, and invented various magic and mentalism effects, including the Penn And Teller bullet catch and the original "buried alive."
Banachek Born in England and raised in South Africa and Australia, Banachek has been performing since his arrival in the United States in 1976.
Banachek is often sought out by various top entertainers and magic TV shows around the world as a consultant. The entertainers include Penn And Teller, David Blaine, Lance Burton, James Randi and Criss Angel. He has been responsible for putting more magic and mentalism on American television than any other magic consultant in the world.
Banachek is renowned for fooling scientists at Washington University into believing that his supposed psychic abilities were genuine during the Project Alpha hoax in the early 1980s. He also took part in an investigation with Randi exploring Peter Popoff, which ultimately exposed Popoff's false claims.
He has appeared on several television programs including CNN Live, Mindfreak and Unscrewed with Martin Sargent.
In 2008 he toured as part of a stage show called Hoodwinked with Bob Arno, Todd Robbins and Richard Turner.
On July 12, 2009 he conducted a preliminary test of Connie Sonne's dowsing ability for the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge that was witnessed by hundreds in person and hundreds more via live webcast.
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dave Lederman Memorial Award (Awarded for Creativity in Mentalism) 1997
* APCA (Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities) Entertainer of the Year 1998, 1999.
* APCA College Campus Novelty Act of the Year 2000.
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dan Blackwood Memorial Award (Awarded for Outstanding Contribution to the Art of Mentalism) 2006
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Memorial Award (Awarded for Distinguished Professionalism in the Performance of Mentalism) 2007
* His book Psychological Subtleties 2 won the first place in The Magic Woods Awards, for best book in 2007.
Books And Videos
* Atmore, Joseph; Dunninger, Joseph; Banachek; Palmer, Bill (2001). Dunninger's Brain Busters. Humble, TX: H And R Magic Books. pp. 111. OCLC 65215584.
* Banachek; Burlingame, Hardin J.; Wells, Scott R.; Gillett, S. Christopher (2002). Psychophysiological Thought Reading, or, Muscle Reading and the Ideomotor Response Revealed. Houston, Texas: Magic Inspirations. pp. 73. ISBN 9780970643810. OCLC 60349209.
* Banachek; Dyment, Doug; Wells, Scott R. (2007). Psychological Subtleties 2. Houston, Texas: Magic Inspirations. pp. 206. ISBN 9780970643827. OCLC 310366497.
* Banachek (Featured Performer). (2004). Banachek's Psi Series. United States: L And L Publishing.