Users Online: 213
Banachek - Taming The Poltergeist (copyrighted book, review only)
To get new PUA materials to you mailbox every week please subscribe to our mailing list, using form below
A book written about Banachek during the 'Alpha Project' days when he was studied by scientists. In this book, scientists are convince Banachek can bend metal, move objects, effect film, make flashbulbs explode, break and bend keys, find hidden objects with his mind. Book Details: * Genre: Mysticism * Paperback: 53 pages * Publisher: Banachek ( June 1978 )
Banachek - "Taming The Poltergeist" is copyrighted and can't be downloaded or ordered on DVD, you can try to find it at amazon.com
Described as the "Cream of the Crop" when it comes to entertainers, Banachek (born 1960 as Steven Shaw) is the world's leading Mentalist. His talents are so incredible that he is the only mentalist ever to fool scientists into believing he possessed 'Psychic powers' but to later reveal he was fooling them. Performers around the world such as the colourful Penn & Teller, "The Amazing" James Randi and television's unique street magician David Blaine seek his performing expertise. Companies and theatres seek him for his outstanding performing abilities.
Banachek has written books on mentalism, such as Psychological Subtleties, and invented various magic and mentalism effects, including the Penn And Teller bullet catch and the original "buried alive."
Banachek Born in England and raised in South Africa and Australia, Banachek has been performing since his arrival in the United States in 1976.
Banachek is often sought out by various top entertainers and magic TV shows around the world as a consultant. The entertainers include Penn And Teller, David Blaine, Lance Burton, James Randi and Criss Angel. He has been responsible for putting more magic and mentalism on American television than any other magic consultant in the world.
Banachek is renowned for fooling scientists at Washington University into believing that his supposed psychic abilities were genuine during the Project Alpha hoax in the early 1980s. He also took part in an investigation with Randi exploring Peter Popoff, which ultimately exposed Popoff's false claims.
He has appeared on several television programs including CNN Live, Mindfreak and Unscrewed with Martin Sargent.
In 2008 he toured as part of a stage show called Hoodwinked with Bob Arno, Todd Robbins and Richard Turner.
On July 12, 2009 he conducted a preliminary test of Connie Sonne's dowsing ability for the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge that was witnessed by hundreds in person and hundreds more via live webcast.
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dave Lederman Memorial Award (Awarded for Creativity in Mentalism) 1997
* APCA (Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities) Entertainer of the Year 1998, 1999.
* APCA College Campus Novelty Act of the Year 2000.
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dan Blackwood Memorial Award (Awarded for Outstanding Contribution to the Art of Mentalism) 2006
* Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Memorial Award (Awarded for Distinguished Professionalism in the Performance of Mentalism) 2007
* His book Psychological Subtleties 2 won the first place in The Magic Woods Awards, for best book in 2007.
Books And Videos
* Atmore, Joseph; Dunninger, Joseph; Banachek; Palmer, Bill (2001). Dunninger's Brain Busters. Humble, TX: H And R Magic Books. pp. 111. OCLC 65215584.
* Banachek; Burlingame, Hardin J.; Wells, Scott R.; Gillett, S. Christopher (2002). Psychophysiological Thought Reading, or, Muscle Reading and the Ideomotor Response Revealed. Houston, Texas: Magic Inspirations. pp. 73. ISBN 9780970643810. OCLC 60349209.
* Banachek; Dyment, Doug; Wells, Scott R. (2007). Psychological Subtleties 2. Houston, Texas: Magic Inspirations. pp. 206. ISBN 9780970643827. OCLC 310366497.
* Banachek (Featured Performer). (2004). Banachek's Psi Series. United States: L And L Publishing.
A book written about Banachek during the 'Alpha Project' days when he was studied by scientists. In this book, scientists are convince Banachek can bend metal, move objects, effect film, make flashbulbs explode, break and bend keys, find hidden objects with his mind. Book Details:
* Genre: Mysticism
* Paperback: 53 pages
* Publisher: Banachek ( June 1978 )